reading the PCM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reading the PCM

I was just curious, will LT1 edit read the fuel tables/mixture, MAF readings, O2 sensors, etc. (everything that's going on in the engine)? I know it can edit the tables, but can I use it on a dyno run to analyze what's wrong with my motor? Thanks in advance.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

It's a programmer and not a diagnostic tool. Freescan or TTS Datamaster will work on a 1994 for data gathering. Datamaster is nice.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks Rob...I really appreicate the info.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

The OBD-I version of LT1_Edit comes bundled with data software - "pcmcomm". It will only do "logging" if you buy the deluxe version of LT1_Edit. Otherwise is will read and display the PCM and sensor parameters, but will not "log".

OBD-II version does not include any data capabilities.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

OK...thanks Fred. I'm trying to figure out what is causing a terrible stumble at idle and at 5000+ RPM. Hopefully I can read the parameters and understand what's going on.

Comment

Working...
          X