02 v6 to v8 swap on a budget.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 v6 to v8 swap on a budget.

I have an 02 3800 with a 4L60 and I'd like to swap it for decent numbers on the cheap. I was hearing good things about the LQ4 and LQ9 platforms. What do they go for, and what would I need to pull this off?

You are not going to find many supporters of this...it's far easier and cheaper to start with a V8 donor car. With that being said, it can be done...money is all that is stopping you.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

There is no way to do what you want on a budget.

The only way to do it without getting nickle and dimed to death is to have a complete running donor car to swap the parts from.

There are just too many things that are different from V6 to V8. It's not just an engine swap.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
      X