Clutch/transmission issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch/transmission issues

Hey everyone, I've done a search on a few forums (including this one) about some problems i'm having with my 99 formula m6 but can't quite seem to find the same situation.

I just replaced the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and the throw out bearing along with a new pilot bearing this weekend.i'm having the same problem as before though. I'm hearing a whirring sound coming from what sounds like the transmission.as if the clutch is rubbing against the flywheel the whole time im driving. whenever i hit a bump the sound gets louder everytime the car drops. and she is getting hard to put into gear, especially reverse (the whole damn car shakes when i pretty much force her into gear)

Im almost positive i need to replace the pinion bearing as well due due ANOTHER whirring sound coming from the rear end (i've already replaced the carrier bearings which were pitted and have ruled out the axle shaft bearings)

I'm wondering if since im having problems changing gears, almost like the pedal isnt engaging properly if it's the slave cylinder going bad/on its last leg.

she's my dd so i'd really not want to take her to the stealership.

I did not replace the master or slave cylinder , which is what a few of my gear head friends are tellin me I should change ( the slave cylinder) and the back tires spin when I shift into first with the rear end up
    I replaced the clutch with the duralast replacement set. Something to tide me over until I fixed everything that was wrong with her... Or so I thought I could.

When I finally get it in gear everything catches fine

Driving from work sucked today too, there's no physical way i can down shift while driving on the highway unless i pump on the clutch. That is actually the only way i can shift with the least resisitance.

maybe bleed the slave/master to see if it helps, maybe there is air in system

Al
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

I bled the slave until the pedal felt right but as soon as we started the car back up its almost like the pedal changed its engagement points

Comment

When I was having clutch issues in my '97, I ended up just replacing the clutch master cylinder as well.
        I figured, with as much $$ as I had already spent for a new clutch/PP etc. and as long as everything was apart it made sense.
        I bought a kit for mine that had the master cylinder, lines and reservoir with fluid already in them pre-bled and ready to drop in.
        Not sure if that was necessary, but it did make things easier.
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

if you check ls1tech.com im sure someone will tell you the clutch maste/slave need to be drilled or buy a drilled one. they always have had issues from what i heard
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man View Post
            if you check...im sure someone will tell you the clutch maste/slave need to be drilled or buy a drilled one. they always have had issues from what i heard
            The master being drilled is a modification do allow fluid to flow faster.

I have asked around and most responses I seem to get is there prob is still some air trapped in the system or a failing master.
            hope you figure it out.

Al
            Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

sounds like the slave cyl. is bleeding down. check to see if you can see any wet areas on it or the res. they will leak internally. This system works like a brake system. You mentioned it felt like it changed when you pumped the pedal. if you bled it and it didn't change then you have a leak in the system.
              SHwy1
              John 3:16 Remember that!
              Jack of all trades, Master of nun.

Comment

Working...
              X