charge gauge reading low

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charge gauge reading low

i have just had a electric water pump fitted and a vinchi hipeformance fan controler. now my volt meter on the dash shows on idle just into the yello checkered area and when driving just under 13 volts what can i do to inprove this matter? ie upraited altenator
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

An upgraded alternator may be all you need if the extra electricity is too much for the stock (im assuming) to handle. Are you getting any trouble codes from the computer at all?
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

not that i know of
      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Since I have a third gen I can tbe as much help but it sounds to me like you may just need a more powerful alternator, especially considering that it only started happening after you added more drain on the electrical system. But perhaps some of the other guys here could give a little more help.
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Mine was never really too swift right from the factory. I often noticed that with the lights and a/c on, the gauge was dipping into the low zone at idle. Once I got moving it was ok. I went with a new 140 amp alternator and it's much better. I even have underdrive pulleys and an msd, the alternator handles it fine. One of these days I'm going to get one that is over 200 amps, but for now it works.

Comment

Working...
          X