LT1 Misfire....Not good......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 Misfire....Not good......

Hey guys, as a couple of you already know about this prob, (Joe for one), i talked to the guy at the dealership about my misfire in my 97 Trans am. Well he told me the entire left bank, 1-3,5-7 all is missing. He checked fuel, ignition, had a timing gun checkin spark, he said he was 100% sure that the mis was coming from inside the engine. What do you guys think? He said he checked spark at the indvidual plugs. Now what in the hell can cause the entire left bank to mis? He said it's wierd that something like that is coming from inside the engine. Im frustrated.....like i said before, i spent 3 grand having a new cam, lifters, and all new bearings put inside the car a year ago. I have put 5xxx miles on it, and now this happens. He thinks maybe the valves are too tight? The guy guarunteed his work for 1 month, so I doubt he will check the valves for free. It's been a year. Also during the mis at idle it seemed like the Voltage and Oil Pressure and even the AC all sputtered. What would this be?
    Any thoughts?
    Jason

Have you or the mechanic done a compression test?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I would recommend..

upon my own experience...check the whole injector system or the fuel system....and yes..check compression each cylinder.
      Regards
      Doc
      97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Jason,

Listen to the guys on this one...... have a compression and leakdown test done by another shop. It's not a really expensive proceedure and it will be a direct indicator of the condition of the long block. Before you spend another dime, do this proceedure. If that doesn't check out, then you know it is internal.

Comment

I know this is terribly old. I wonder if this guy ever got it fixed.

Comment

This has to be the forum record for bringing back an old thread.
            Jason97TA Last Activity: 07-06-2004 06:50 PM
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Comment

Holy old thread revival, Batman!

Comment

Jason97T/A
                  Last Activity: 07-06-2004 06:50 PM

Something tells me that we will never find out what happened.
                  No F-Body right now

Comment

well, I actually did a search on google to try and find an answer to a problem that I was having. Anyway, I think I am working through it. and I may have fixed it. I just need to do more testing in warm weather. You can read all about it here. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88298

Comment

Working...
                    X