4L60-E Transmission Rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L60-E Transmission Rebuild

Hey guys, im the proud owner of a 1994 Z28 camaro. Now my car has abou 160,000 miles on it, but the motors only has just shy of 50,000. So now its time to replace the transmission. I want to stick with the 4L60-E set up, but i would wither like to buy a rebuilt one or have someone rebuild mine. Either way i want it to be capable of taking 400-500 horsepower so i dont have to do this again for awhile. SO does any have any recommendations as to where i can get a great tranny or any good places in NorCal for tranny rebuilds? If not does anyone have any ideas on how much it will cost me? Im only looking to spend about $1000 or maybe $1200 if i needed to. Any help would be appreciated.
    1994 Z-28 Camaro, 350LT1 A4, K&N Cold Air Intake, Edelbrock Long Tube Headers, Pro Flow Catalytic Convertor, BMR control arms & panhard rod, Eibach lowering springs, subframe connectors, Hotchkis strut tower brace.

your best bet (unless someone can give you a specific reccomendation for your area) is to call around to shops in your area and price them. Ask what you'd get for the money and go from there. Level 10 in NJ makes good kits, and it shouldn't be hard to find a shop that would do the install... just make sure what you'd get for the price and what type of warranty you'd get. A lot of shops won't warranty an install that uses outside parts.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
    X