a couple questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple questions

first im looking to buy a 98 or newer trans am to replace my 93 when you guys talk about a a4 or m6 car what does this mean are you talking about a automatic and a manual car? also my friend got a power programmer hypertech unit for a chevy truck he said it wont let him program because the origonal truck that it was used with was not taken back to stock.is there any way to bypass this thanks.
    93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

Yes, A4 = Automatic
    M6 = 6 speed manual

As far as the programmer, it's VIN locked. I'm not aware of any way to bypass it until you return the original car/truck back to stock. I believe Hypertech may be able to unlock it, but for a steep price.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Sende me an e-mail regarding the Hypertech. I can give you an e-mail address for someone who can "unlock" them. I know he does the LT1 units all the time. Not sure if he has any experience with the models for other vehicles though.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X