Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys use on your weather striping around doors and on our T-Tops?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys use on your weather striping around doors and on our T-Tops?

What do you guys use on weather stripping around doors and on T-Tops?

Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

I use silicone spray. Just make sure to spray it on the rag and not on the weather-stripping directly (it makes a mess). Wipe it on so it covers all of it, but not too liberally.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

yea I just clean it with WD-40 and wipe off.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

zaino's z16. thats one of things its for. it has a uv rating of 40. once you apply it, let it dry, and it does not leave marks on clothing or the windows... it keeps the weather striping pliable too. when i sold the comp ta a year ago feb, the weather striping was like brand new. every show that car was in, and it was in a ton, the t tops were off..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I use what the owners manual suggested. Dielectric silicon grease GM PN 12345579 or equiv.

It comes in a small tube and I apply it with my fingers.

Sean
          1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Z16.is my choice .
            97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
            In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

I use a silicone spray also.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

When you guys say Silcon spray do you mean like that spray that NAPA has in the red and black can.

It says it will work for weather stripping.

Thanks Lee!

Comment

Z-16 here as well.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
                  KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

i have this compound specifically for revitalizing weatherstripping, DOW CORNING 4 COMPOUND. just remove the t top; wipe off the weather stripping; apply compound.
                    1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
                    V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
                    previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

Maverick 82, What store did you buy the stuff from. please tell!

Thanks Lee!

Comment

z-16..... 8 years of using the t-tops, the weatherstripping looks brand new. No leaks either.

Comment

Working...
                        X