Best place to buy new leather? w/in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy new leather? w/in

Looking to replace the leather on the drivers side. Whats the best place and about how much $$ should it be? Thanks

Oopps, meat to post on the mb! n/m

n/m.......................

Comment

Originally posted by Roy 96 T/A Convertible
      Looking to replace the leather on the drivers side. Whats the best place and about how much $$ should it be? Thanks
      I was facing the same problem last year. The driver's seat was showing wear, but the passenger seat was still ok. I wanted to replace just the driver's seat, better yet, just the back because the bottom was still ok.

Here is the problem I ran into... leather is made in different dye lots. Leather made in one dye lot can be slightly different than leather in a different dye lot even if they are the same tint. I decided to replace the entire driver's seat and ordered new covers at www.classicsofttrim.com

The new drivers seat covers arrived and were simple to install myself. The driver's seat now looked awsome, so good infact that the passenger seat now looked old in comparisson. It just didn't look right.

I ended up purchasing the passenger seat to match the driver's seat. Lucilly they still had leather from the same dye lot to make the passenger covers. I have not replaced the back seat, as it looks ok to me.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thanks w/in

My seats are white and somehow a dark blue color transferred onto the seat and it won't comeoff, I've tried everything. Anyway, thanks for the info, I'm going to check them out now!

Comment

Working...
        X