Ate a WRX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ate a WRX

Well this was about the first real race since the supercharger came off. Man, last night just by chance I pulled up next to one of those ugly @$$ little blue cars you see everywhere. He had an exhaust but beyond that I don't know anything. He got better traction off the line but I had the better jump on green. I pulled away from him by atleast 4 car lengths by the time I was at 100. He wouldn't even look at me at the next light.. I love killing those awd things because those kids base everything they have on thier traction. I still have my stock gears (3.42). I can't wait till I get my Moser 12 bolt...

Originally posted by GreenTA/GT
    Well this was about the first real race since the supercharger came off. Man, last night just by chance I pulled up next to one of those ugly ass little blue cars you see everywhere. He had an exhaust but beyond that I don't know anything. He got better traction off the line but I had the better jump on green. I pulled away from him by atleast 4 car lengths by the time I was at 100. He wouldn't even look at me at the next light.. I love killing those awd things because those kids base everything they have on thier traction. I still have my stock gears (3.42). I can't wait till I get my Moser 12 bolt...
    Hmmmm,

If you are doing 100 mph in an area where there are traffic lights, I have to say you need to be taught a lesson. It's people like you that make our insurance bills as high as what they are. Everyone has taken their car to faster than legal speeds or has done a quick friendly blast to 60, but 100 ??? Come on now.

Comment

This is the last streetlight before county roads...Keep in mind that I live in kansas and there are fairly deserted roads. Yeah I probably shouldn't have taken it that high but hell, it only tood about 13 seconds and then I was back down into speed limit range. I couldn't help it, those ******* talk more crap than prelude owners. Sorry if I offended you, but I pay the same damn insurance rates as everyone else. And I actually take about 1 race out of the ten I normally get challanged.

Comment

This is the last streetlight before county roads...Keep in mind that I live in kansas and there are fairly deserted roads. Yeah I probably shouldn't have taken it that high but hell, it only tood about 13 seconds and then I was back down into speed limit range. I couldn't help it, those ******* talk more crap than prelude owners. Sorry if I offended you, but I pay the same damn insurance rates as everyone else. And I actually take about 1 race out of the ten I normally get challanged.
        I was not offended, I look at the episode as an example of what not to do. Just last week someone posted a video of a fellow F-body member's wreck. One who was dumb enough to street race between lights. The other driver's Cobra was cut in half. The F-body's driver lived but the episode killed his passenger.

Take it to the track if you want to do a 100 mph street race, you won't get any Kudos from the experienced people on this forum with posts like this.

Also, I had to censor your post. Please re-read the rules of the forum, there is a strict non profanity rule.

So far, you're having a heck of a day.

Comment

Yeah 100 where there are traffic lights is pretty insane.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            I was not offended, I look at the episode as an example of what not to do. Just last week someone posted a video of a fellow F-body member's wreck. One who was dumb enough to street race between lights. The other driver's Cobra was cut in half. The F-body's driver lived but the episode killed his passenger.

Take it to the track if you want to do a 100 mph street race, you won't get any Kudos from the experienced people on this forum with posts like this.

Also, I had to censor your post. Please re-read the rules of the forum, there is a strict non profanity rule.

So far, you're having a heck of a day.
            +1

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well this was about the first real race since the supercharger came off. Man, last night just by chance I pulled up next to one of those ugly ass little blue cars you see everywhere. He had an exhaust but beyond that I don't know anything. He got better traction off the line but I had the better jump on green. I pulled away from him by atleast 4 car lengths by the time I was at 100. He wouldn't even look at me at the next light.. I love killing those awd things because those kids base everything they have on thier traction. I still have my stock gears (3.42). I can't wait till I get my Moser 12 bolt...
              Good kill, I just moved to Florida from TX and we have plenty of those "last" red lights before those open rural roads where you can let'er loose. I've been to Kansas before, and there is plenty of God's racing country out there.

Just watch out, there are some pretty fast imports out there nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                Good kill, I just moved to Florida from TX and we have plenty of those "last" red lights before those open rural roads where you can let'er loose. I've been to Kansas before, and there is plenty of God's racing country out there.

Just watch out, there are some pretty fast imports out there nowadays.
                gto's are imported...............

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs

I think you are imported! LOL

I am outta here......I gotta go pick out sump'in purty for Joe's weddin'!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs

but not furrin'

unlike you during the full moon!
                    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Good kill !

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
                        but not furrin'

unlike you during the full moon!
                        as you can see by my avatar......... its full alright..and im clownin around...

bwwahahhahahahahahaa

Comment

LS2 imported?

GTO's are only partially imported, though, right? The part that makes 'em fast was built in the good ol' USA!
                          BTW, anyone know how I can find a Missouri chapter of the f-body.com?
                          I live near KCMO, & would like to be able to meet some of the other NON-import powered owners!
                          See ya!
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X